Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blessings




There are times that I've wished the day would fly by. And then there
are times like today when I wish I could pause my children right where
they are, right at this moment. It feels like such a short time ago
that I held our oldest for the first time, and now in just a blink of an eye later
my youngest is beginning to write her letters. How did this happen so fast?
I pray that on those days I am wishing for bedtime to come soon, I will
take a step back and be thankful for the beautiful gifts God has given me.
I pray that I will take the time to laugh with them, to play with them, to make memories
with them. And when they spill their milk, smear the toothpaste
all over the bathroom and in general wreak havoc all over my house I 
need to remember to look at the bigger picture and not live in just those moments.
Children are a blessing from God, and while it may not ever be possible for me to treasure
every single waking moment, watching them grow is a beautiful thing.




1 comment: